More Timely Than Ever!

Saturday, June 06, 2009

Carson on Intellectual "Property"

I highly recommend Kevin Carson's "'Intellectual Property': A Libertarian Critique" (pdf), published by the Center for a Stateless Society. It is first-rate. So-called intellectual property is not just about rock bands "protecting" recordings. It's about big dinosaur corporations attempting to subordinate people through the control of ideas. This big issue will only get bigger in the near future, and much is at stake. Whether one realizes it or not, defense of patents and copyrights puts one on the side of the opponents of liberty.

2 comments:

Gary Chartier said...

Amen, Sheldon--I hope readers of this blog who haven't discovered Kevin's work yet will visit http://mutualist.blogspot.com and devour it .

Sheldon Richman said...

I can't believe I neglected to include a link to Kevin's invaluable blog. I've remedied that. Thanks, Gary.