More Timely Than Ever!

Saturday, January 27, 2007

No Need for Energy Subsidies

For a guy who claims to believe in limited government, President Bush is awfully good at dangling subsidies and threatening coercion when he wants to encourage or discourage something. That’s the lesson to take from his State of the Union Address.

Look at what he said about energy....
Read the rest of this week's op-ed, "No Need for Energy Subsidies," at The Future of Freedom Foundation website.

Cross-posted at Liberty & Power.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I replied to a Jane Bryant Quinn article a while back when she wrote about gasoline prices. I told her that I thought we should let the market decide the price of gasoline, and the government should not be concerned about it. She emailed me back, saying that I was wrong because oil was a national security issue. And so many people take Jane Bryant Quinn seriously. What a mistake.