More Timely Than Ever!

Friday, March 03, 2006

Harry Browne, R.I.P.

I note with sadness that Harry Browne died Wednesday, at 72, after after a long illness. I recall reading Harry's How You Can Profit from the Coming Devaluation when it was released in 1970 and learning a lot of good (Austrian) economics from it. Later I read How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World, which, again, taught me a lot. I lost confidence and, hence, interest in the Libertarian Party in 1983 (after a term as national vice chairman), and so I didn't keep tabs on Harry's presidential campaigns. Nevertheless, I know he continued to be an eloquent spokesman for liberty. Sorry to see him leave us.

See Brian Doherty's notice at Reason.com.

1 comment:

Todd Andrew Barnett said...

Great blog on Harry, Sheldon.

I just submitted a memorial essay to The Libertarian Enterprise and Liberty For All...even Lew Rockwell.com....on Harry and his legacy for the libertarian movement and the Libertarian Party. I hope that it does get published, but we'll see.

Stay tuned.

Yours in Liberty,

Todd Andrew Barnett