More Timely Than Ever!

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Go, Obama!

Since the presidential campaign began, I have felt myself favoring Obama over Clinton. I wasn't exactly sure why. Yes, Obama has opposed the Iraq war all along, while Clinton voted for it and would keep troops there. But Obama's foreign policy is distinctly not noninterventionist. He's ready to invade Pakistan with or without Musharraf's permission. (I'm against it either way.) And he obviously does not plan to withdraw from the Middle East. Domestically, I can't see any important distinction between him and Clinton.

So it may come down to more ethereal things. Unlike Obama, Clinton acts like a woman driven by power lust. (Obama may lust for power too, but he doesn't come across that way.) Clinton displayed this the day after she humiliatingly lost Iowa. "I am ready to lead!" she shouted to her supporters.

Yes, that is the problem.

3 comments:

Thomas Bell said...

Both Obama and Clinton are members of the Council of Foreign Relations, so both are the problem.

Bunty said...

I reckon it's all down to 24, the series that taught us that black presidents are solid, upstanding, and willing to do what it takes; that black women are evil incarnate; and that torture is (regrettably) pretty much called for in pretty much every crime more serious than trout tickling. Although, yeah, probably for that as well.

Dominik Hennig said...

Better Obama than Clinton!!! If Ron Paul's campaign failes then I support Obama! The worst cases: a victory of Hilary or Rudy!!!